4. Priority for allocating places
The DSS (Department of Social Service) has developed priority of access guidelines for child care places. Please select the appropriate priority level for the child:
Within these main Priority categories, priority should also be given to children in:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Families which include a disabled person
- Families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $43,727 for 2015-2016 or who or whose partner is on income support
- Families from a non-English speaking background
- Socially isolated families
- Single parent families.
Note: Where a service is funded by an employer to provide child care solely or primarily for the children of the employer’s employees, the service may give priority to those children.