Osborne Park

08 9349 5577


08 9315 3535

What is a Customer Reference Number?

A Customer Reference Number (CRN) is a unique set of nine digits and an alphabetic character, generated by Centrelink and assigned to people that receive Centrelink services.

When you enrol your child in an approved child care service, you need to give them your Customer Reference Numbers. This is your subsidy will be paid directly to us so we can reduce the fees you pay.

We require:

How do you apply for your child’s Customer Reference Number?

You will receive your child’s CRN as soon as you lodge a claim for Child Care subsidy. Once your claim is assessed, Centrelink will send you a letter correspondence to confirm your eligibility and your child’s CRN. Please note that you’ll need to do this before your child starts at childcare. You can lodge a claim for the Child Care Subsidy via your Centrelink online account through myGov. After your child’s CRN is generated, you can view it by logging into your Centrelink online account and going to “My family”.

If you have a CRN

Sign in to myGov. Then use your CRN to set up your Centrelink online account, if you don’t already have one.
If you need more help, read our guide to link a service using an existing online account.

If you don’t have a CRN (BOLD)

You’ll need to visit a service centre to confirm your identity to get a CRN. During your visit, you can ask to set up a Centrelink online account.
You may not have a CRN if you’ve never had a payment or service from Centrelink.
If you need more information regarding your Customer Reference Number, you can contact the Centrelink Families Line on 136 150